1. WHAT IS COOKIES POLICY AND WHAT IS ITS SCOPE ?
It is applicable by the mere fact of its publication on our website www.kolibrisocks.fr. The latest online version takes precedence over all others.
It does not replace the data protection policy.
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE ?
A "cookie" allows any action tending to access, by electronic transmission, information already stored in its terminal electronic communications equipment, or to record information in this equipment.
In practice, cookies are used in different environments: website, email, downloading software or a mobile application, etc ...
A cookie is a small text file (computer file) saved, and/or read by your browser, on the hard drive of your terminal (desktop or laptop, tablet but also smartphone) when you visit a KOLIBRI SOCKS website or any other digital space.
On a technical and functional level, four types of cookies are distinguished :
Identification and personalisation cookies, cookies that allow us to know you better and identify you when you return to our site.
Analysis and performance cookies, cookies which allow us to carry out various measures: number of visitors and pages.
Cookies advertising or targeting, cookies which record data which make it possible to control the display of advertisements with regard to such or such Internet user.
On a technical level, there are a wide variety of cookies such as (non-exhaustive list) :
- HTTP cookies ;
- Cookies "flash" ;
- The result of the fingerprint calculation in the case of "fingerprinting" (calculation of a unique identifier of the machine based on elements of its configuration for tracing purposes) ;
- Web bugs ;
3. WHAT IS A COOKIE FOR ?
Cookies mainly aim to fulfill three functions :
Function 1 - The proper functioning of the service(s) :
- Through the study of technical statistics making it possible to control the proper functioning of the service ;
- Through the identification of error messages making it possible to remedy any technical problem ;
- By ensuring the security of the user account (new authentication after a certain period of time).
Function 2 - Improvement of the KOLIBRI SOCKS experience :
- In particular by improving the quality and speed of the user experience, for example by proposing a pre-filling of fields at each visit ;
- By optimizing the ergonomics of the digital environment concerned or the different functionalities offered ;
- By setting the use of this environment according to its use to adapt it to their preferences, such as by memorizing the default language used ;
- By studying the statistics provided using these cookies to continue to improve and adapt the service to each user to guarantee their best experience.
Function 3 - Economic function
- By sending personalized advertisements thanks to research carried out by the user. As such, the cookies placed allow both to target the user to offer him an advertisement which corresponds to him and which would be likely to interest him (according to the location data, if these are activated or according to the personal data that have been previously provided). They also make it possible to carry out statistics, studies around the proposed advertisements ;
- Cookies allow finally to study and note the activity resulting from this digital environment: number of daily connections, connected profiles, most frequented time slots, etc ...
4. WHAT TYPES OF DATA DO WE COLLECT ?
There are many untruths around cookies.
Cookies are not "snitches" that allow us to collect mass information or information critical or relating to your personal life or to access corporate secrets.
For example, cookies allow us to collect :
- IP address ;
- User ID ;
- Session ID ;
- Language used by the Internet user (and not his mother tongue) ;
- Geolocation data (in some cases).
5. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS DATA ?
Access to the data collected by the company through cookies is limited :
|INTERNAL RECIPIENTS|| |
Communication/marketing department< br>
Information systems department
Other business departments as needed
|EXTERNAL RECIPIENTS|| |
Advertisers and/or advertising management< br>
Electronic advertising companies
Technical service providers
6. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS ?
Article 32 II of the Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978 provides :
"Any subscriber or user of an electronic communications service must be informed in a clear and complete manner, unless it has been previously, by the controller or his representative :
• of the purpose of any action tending to access, by electronic transmission , to information already stored in its terminal electronic communications equipment, or to record information in this equipment ;
• the means at its disposal to oppose it.
These access or registrations can only take place provided that the subscriber or the user has expressed, after receiving this information, his agreement which may result from appropriate parameters of his connection device or any other device under his control.
These provisions are not not applicable if access to information stored in the user's terminal equipment or the recording of information in the user's terminal equipment :
• either has the exclusive purpose of allowing or facilitate communication by electronic means ;
• either is strictly necessary for the provision of an online communication service at the express request of the user."
In summary, you have two rights :
- To consent to use, depending on the cookies used ;
- The right to deactivate all or part of cookies.
User consent is not necessary for so-called "essential" cookies, that is to say when they are necessary for the proper functioning of the digital environment (this are technical cookies).
Conversely, consent is required for cookies :
- Linked to targeted advertising operations ;
- Linked to audience measurement operations ;
- Generated by sharing buttons redirecting to the various social networks.
Consent is therefore required for any cookie allowing study user behaviour.
The Cookies Policy is an informational document. It therefore does not need to be accepted, it is up to you to read it. Conversely, you must consent to the use of certain cookies.
This consent is formalised, as the CNIL requires by :
- an information banner;
- an acceptance button on the said banner ;
- the possibility of clicking on the link which allows you to read the entirety of this policy.
8. HOW TO DEACTIVATE / SET THE COOKIES ?
Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies which are the very essence of the Internet. But they also allow you to choose or refuse all of the cookies or even to select precisely those that the user wants to keep.
To do this, each browser has its specificities, the configuration remains relatively accessible via the help menus for each of them, for example :
On Google Chrome :
On Internet Explorer :
On Mozilla Firefox :
On Opera :
Regarding mobile applications, e-mail and social networks, we invite you to refer to the "configuration" data of your account which differs according to the platforms and operators.
We inform you that setting your browser to refuse or restrict a particular cookie can have two important consequences :
- Limitation or restriction of access to a service, a page or a content ;
- A less good KOLIBRI SOCKS experience (obligation to retype the same information several times for example).CLARIFICATION : We cannot be more precise about the consequences of deactivating cookies because it all depends on the type of cookies deactivated and the type of deactivation operated by the user.
9. USE OF THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third-party cookies may be placed by partners or advertising agencies so as to identify the centers of interest of users through the products or services that they consult on the web site concerned by this policy.
They can be deposited at the time of the use of the digital environment concerned or when the user clicks on the advertising spaces of this last.
We do not control these cookies which are placed by companies that act on their behalf. To find out more, we invite you to read their own cookies policy.
10. WHAT LENGTH OF STORAGE OF DATA ?
KOLIBRI SOCKS complies with the requirements set by the CNIL in terms of retention and duration.
It considers as valid the consent to the installation of said cookies for a period of 13 months from your consent.
11. EVOLUTION OF THIS POLICY
This policy may be modified or modified at any time in the event of legal, jurisprudential, decisions and recommendations of the CNIL or uses.
Any new version of this policy will be brought to the attention of online users by replacing the new version of the policy with the previous version.
12. QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY ?
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Relations Department :
- Using the "Contact" form of the Site.
- By mail : KOLIBRI SOCKS CUSTOMER RELATIONS SERVICE - 4 SQUARE ALICE 75014 PARIS, FRANCE
For any other more general information on cookies, you can consult the CNIL website : www.cnil.fr and in particular www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs.